You may recognize this scenario: You rise and shine. It’s time to start a new day. You cringe at your reflection in the mirror. You say grudgingly, “It looks like it’s going to be one of those bad hair days again.” If you are fortunate, bad hair days come few and far between. But some people relive this nightmare every day.
Are you one of the fortunate or unfortunate?
Think of every hair care product you’ve ever purchased. Would you say you’re satisfied? It’s time for something new – argan oil shampoo. Argan oil has taken the cosmetic industry by storm, and for good reason. Users of argan oil report awesome results for their skin, hair and nails. No wonder people call argan oil “liquid gold.”
The Question of the Day: What is Argan Oil?
Argan oil comes from the kernels of the argan plant, which is native to Morocco. Cultivators harvest the kernels and then extract argan oil from it.
Pure argan oil has a pleasant nutty aroma. When you rub pure argan oil on your skin, your skin absorbs the argan oil quickly. As a result, the nutty aroma vanishes after a few minutes. This is a simple way to check the purity of argan oil.
Cosmetic argan oil is light golden yellow in color and may contain some residue. It is liquid at room temperature and does not feel sticky to touch.
Why You Should Use Argan Oil for Your Hair
Argan oil, in itself, is a potent force of good for your hair. The natural properties of argan oil, when combined with the cleansing effects of a shampoo, makes for a terrific hair care product.
To understand why argan oil works so well, let’s take a look at argan oil and your hair in more detail. Your hair consists of two parts – the portion that’s visible and the portion that’s not.
The visible portion of your hair, called the hair shaft, consists of three layers:
- The Medulla: The innermost layer.
- The Cortex: Above the medulla lies the cortex. The cortex grants your hair mechanical strength.
- The Cuticle: The outermost layer is the cuticle. The cuticle has many flat cells arranged in a manner similar to the scales on a snake’s skin.
The invisible portion of your hair contains the hair follicle. The follicle is that part of your hair that is alive. This is where the growth takes place. The health of your hair follicles determines the length, thickness, and growth speed of your hair.
Primarily, argan oil works on improving the texture of the cuticle and strength of the cortex. The shampoo works on restoring the health and vitality of the follicles because of its cleaning action.
The broad argan oil shampoo benefits are as follows:
- Oleic acid in the oil is a natural emollient. It makes your hair soft, smooth, and silky.
- Linoleic acid present in argan oil reacts with oxygen in the air and forms a thin barrier that helps retain moisture.
- Tocopherols, phenols, and carotenes within argan oil act as powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants slow down cell damage by neutralizing the action of highly reactive free radicals.
- Argan oils improve the appearance of split ends by temporarily gluing the split ends together.
- People with frizzy hair can use argan oil to flatten the texture of the cuticle to obtain healthier looking hair.
- The thin protective film that argan oil creates, protects your hair from heat damage when you blow-dry your hair.
- Since argan oil locks the moisture in your hair, you can use argan oil as a natural styling agent that makes your hair easy to work with.
Argan oil benefits are undeniable. However, the market is flooded with many products that claim to be “perfect” for your hair. It is hard to sort through this debris and find an authentic match. That’s where this article helps. So, let’s go directly to the best argan oil shampoos out there.
The Best Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
Here are some of the top argan oil shampoo and conditioning products you can choose from today:
1. Art Naturals Daily Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
Art Naturals stands for quality products with exceptional results. The daily organic argan oil shampoo is a part of the company’s hair solutions products. The base price for a 16 fluid ounce bottle is around $18, but it is available for less on Amazon.
The product claims to moisturize dry and damaged hair, making it soft and manageable. Although most users agree that the shampoo helped improve the look and feel of their hair, there are a few things you must know before you purchase the product:
- You must use the product for two to three weeks in order to experience the full extent of improvement.
- The product on its own cannot cure frizzy hair. That said, users suggest that a styling agent, such as an anti-frizz spray, used along with the shampoo, gives great results.
- Product users say that the effect lasts two to three days. So, if you generally don’t have much time to devote to hair care, this product is an excellent choice.
- The shampoo shows great results for people who suffer from coloring related hair damage.
- Many users affirm that their hair became more manageable as a result of regular use.
- Unlike other shampoos, the All Naturals shampoo doesn’t weigh your hair down.
- The smell feels clean and refreshing, although some people claim that it is too strong. However, since the smell of the shampoo is a personal choice, this does not make a firm point for or against the shampoo.
- The product helps improve the texture of your hair and helps solve tangled hair issues.
Overall, the product All Naturals daily argan oil shampoo has favorable customer reviews. The price is competitive and the results are trustworthy.
One issue that users face is the transition from their old shampoo to this shampoo. There will be an adjusting period, during which your hair might feel dry. However, after your hair gets acclimatized to the argan oil shampoo, you will see satisfactory results.
2. Maple Holistics Argan Oil Shampoo
Maple Holistics prioritizes using premium ingredients and values customer satisfaction. Any purchase comes with a 100 money back guarantee. The product is available in eight or 16 fluid ounce bottles. This is great because you can buy the small product to sample the benefits, and if you are happy, you can purchase the bigger bottle.
If you are new to using argan oil shampoos, this product is a great place to start. Customers who have used the product have the following to say about this argan oil shampoo:
- The shampoo produced a remarkable decrease in dandruff.
- Unlike other natural shampoos, the Maple Holistics argan oil shampoo lathers well and requires only a quarter size drop per use.
- Using the shampoo alone caused some users to experience dry hair. This problem was easily resolved when they used the Maple Holistics argan oil conditioner, along with the shampoo. This isn’t a deal breaker because you must already be using a shampoo and a conditioner.
- Although the shampoo doesn’t add volume, it doesn’t weigh your hair down.
- To get the best out of the shampoo, leave it on your hair for three to four minutes before washing. Also, wait for 10 to 15 minutes before drying your hair.
- The shampoo’s scent isn’t strong. In fact, it is almost undetectable. This can be good or bad – some people like having scented hair after shampooing, but some don’t. So it’s a personal call.
- Effective in tackling greasy hair and does not cause oil buildup.
The product reviews for this argan oil shampoo are mostly positive, except in cases where the user suffers from extreme dry hair. The product did not work well for people who have naturally dry hair. Maple Holistics has a separate product to cater to such needs. Nevertheless, if you don’t have any extreme issues with your hair, you can give this product a try.
The price of the product is on the higher side, but since it lasts longer, the overall cost evens out.
3. Pure Body Naturals Argan Oil Shampoo
All natural shampoos are a blend of different natural ingredients, such as jojoba oil, almond extracts, and camellia seeds. Experts mix such ingredients in various proportions to formulate a shampoo that caters to a broad range of haircare needs. This shampoo is no different. That said, the blend of ingredients in this shampoo seems to target the needs of the many to an impressive degree.
Here’s a summary of the pros and cons of using this shampoo.
- The shampoo’s claim to repair damaged hair and reduce frizziness seems genuine. A large number of users have affirmed the product’s effectiveness in tackling frizziness and hair damage from coloring.
- The product is well suited for people who like to be quick about their hair management strategy.
- The refreshing smell of the shampoo adds a layer of therapeutic effect to shampooing.
- The pump attached to the bottle improves the economy of use by preventing wastage.
- Adds to the bounce and volume of your hair.
- It doesn’t lather much, so you might think you need to use more, but users report that a quarter sized drop is all that you need per wash. Generally, you will get used to not having a lot of lather.
- Makes your hair non-greasy. Instead, your hair becomes shiny and glossy.
- Works well for straight, wavy, and curly hair.
- On the downside, the pump of the bottle is quite fragile. You need to handle it with care.
- Doesn’t help much with people who have dandruff.
This product backs the results it promises. The results are more consistent than other shampoos. However, the pump design and construction has been a pain point for many. As long as you’re careful with the pump, the product comes highly recommended. The cost is within acceptable limits too.
4. Pura D’or Anti-Hairloss Argan Oil Shampoo
This shampoo produces impressive results for people struggling with hair loss. At any given time, each strand of hair on your head is in one of three stages. The three stages are as follows:
- Anagen: This is the growth phase and lasts for two to six years. The length of each strand depends on how long the strand has been in the anagen phase.
- Catagen: During this phase, your hair stops growing. You can think of this phase as the rest period during which your hair follicle restores itself.
- Telogen: When the telogen phase starts, the old hair strand is pinched off and a new hair strand begins to grow in its place.
Hair loss isn’t actually a problem. When the hair strand reaches the telogen phase, you lose the hair anyway. The problem is that the new shaft doesn’t grow as a result of clogged of shrunk follicles. This is where the Pura D’or shampoo helps.
The shampoo helps hair in the catagen and telogen phase remains healthy. As a result, the shampoo stimulates new hair growth. It also opens up the pores so that the follicle size increases, thereby increasing the thickness of your hair.
People who have used this shampoo assert the following benefits:
- Increases the thickness and strength of hair strands.
- Prevents hairline from receding further.
- Makes your hair looks denser and more lustrous
- Stops your hairline from thinning out.
- Styling your hair becomes easier.
- Your hair becomes more resilient and resistant to damage.
- Drastically improves fallout.
Given the benefits of this shampoo, it is clear that it’s a specialized shampoo meant for people with hair loss. If hair loss is your predominant concern, then you should definitely give this shampoo a try. The benefits reported are too favorable to ignore.
5. Try Your Own Argan Oil Shampoo Blend
Of course, there is the option of creating your own argan oil shampoo blend. It’s effective, economical, and not to mention customizable. You understand your hair needs better than anyone would, so you can put that to good use and create your own shampoo blend.
Here’s what you will need to make your own argan oil shampoo blend:
- A one-ounce bottle of Skinception Argan Oil. This argan oil is cold pressed and as a result is of high purity.
- A shampoo specific to your hair condition.
- A conditioner that matches you shampoo.
- A towel to wrap your hair.
Once you have all the ingredients in place, you can use the following process:
- Squeeze a quarter size drop of shampoo on your palm and add three to four drops of Skinception argan oil to it.
- Gently mix the oil and shampoo on your palm.
- Apply the mixture on your hair. Make sure you cover all the strands from root to tip.
- After you wash the hair strands, wash you your scalp.
- Use your fingertips to massage your scalp using circular, horizontal, and vertical movements.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for three to four minutes.
- Wash the shampoo and then apply conditioner.
- Then wrap your hair in a towel and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Remove the towel and dry your hair.
- Style your hair according to your preference.
You can experiment with the shampoo to oil ratio until you hit the magic number. You can also use the argan oil as an overnight leave-in conditioner. If your hair is heavily damaged, then you should do an argan oil only treatment twice a week for three to four weeks. You can switch to using your argan oil shampoo and conditioner thereafter.
You may choose to try one of the products mentioned here, or you could do your own research and find other products, such as:
- Renpure Argan Oil Shampoo
- Argan Oil Shampoo from Costco
- Crème of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
However, when you order an argan oil shampoo, please pay attention to the following:
- The level of purity the argan oil shampoo uses.
- The presence of any known allergen or irritant in the list of ingredients.
- Quantity of shampoo in the bottle. Most shampoos come in 8 or 16 ounce bottles.
- Price, discounts, or special offers.
- Read both favorable and critical reviews.
- Evaluate whether the critical points are relevant to you.
- Check whether the positive results reported are consistent.
- Look for before and after pictures.
- Ignore first-use results, be it positive or negative, look for argan oil shampoo reviews that show long term use.
You can even team up with your friends to review different products simultaneously. This way, you could get hands on user experience for three to four products in one month. This will definitely get you to your dream argan oil shampoo within a short time.
Be patient, give the shampoo enough time to work. Don’t be quick to label or mislabel any product. Only periodic usage will reveal your star product, but you can get started right now. So, start shampooing your way to amazing hair immediately.